The Inseev Approach
What we did to help
We started off with a laser focus on measuring and driving profitability, whereas historically certain departments were focused primarily on driving traffic, regardless of propensity to convert.
We completely re-architected 12 different accounts based on entirely new keyword research and ad copy alignment. The efforts were focused on these specific areas of improvement:
– Tighter ad groups to increase ad relevance and add validity to the reporting structure
– Increase quality scores
– Increase clickthrough rates
Another thing we did was take multiple actions on negative keywords, bloated broad matching, and removal of keywords which had not been shown to produce profitability. We informed our partner that we were going to be increasing the average cost per click by over 100%, but in return we were cutting out low-priced and equally low-quality traffic.
There was some hesitation about reducing traffic so dramatically, but we all agreed to move forwards with this strategy.
When we launched the new accounts, we all felt confident that we were putting our best foot forward on literally hundreds of details that were suboptimal in the old accounts.